The very beautiful Michelle Pfeiffer – you know her right? Well her NEW movie in 2021 is called “French Exit.” And reading about that movie is what brought on this post with useless or once-useless or notsomuch useless trivia! Anyway…
In case you didn’t know…To leave a party without telling anyone is called, in English, a “French Exit.” In French, it’s called a “partir à l’anglaise”, to leave like the English.
And in OTHER notsomuch useless news…
- The blob of toothpaste that sits on your toothbrush has a name. A nurdle.
- Notsomuch useless. Parrots – You know, the talking birds. (Well they have the ability to talk and some do) BUT did you know that the parrot ALSO has the ability to ‘reason’
- Sticking with animals – not birds – In the original 1902 stage version of The Wonderful Wizard of Oz, Dorothy did not have a dog, but a COW, named Imogene.
- Sea Otters hold hands while they sleep. Awwww
- “sphenopalatine ganglioneuralgia” – That’s the scientific term for what’s commonly known as ‘brain freeze.’
- Canadians say “sorry” so much that a law was passed in 2009 declaring that an apology can’t be used as evidence of admission to guilt.
- Nintendo trademarked the phrase “It’s on like Donkey Kong” in 2010.
- A single strand of Spaghetti is called a “Spaghetto.”
- At birth – a baby PANDA BEAR – is smaller than a mouse.
And lastly today – One of my favourites – and YOU WILL see why!
- The official state slogan of the American state Nebraska is: ‘Nebraska: Honestly, it’s not for everyone.’
I seriously NEED to move to the Nebraska.